Top Eye Doctors in SW Florida
Keep your eyes in good health by visiting the top eye doctors in SW Florida at Elmquist Eye Group, where we will examine them regularly and provide expert treatment when anything goes wrong.
E. Trevor Elmquist, DO and Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, are licensed ophthalmologists who are both Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and fellows of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Elmquist is also Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology.
Kate Wagner, OD (managing partner) and Nina Burt, OD are skilled board-certified optometrists. They are well-trained to treat most eye problems, such as eye pain, dry eyes, conjunctivitis, eye allergies, as well as some chronic eye diseases, including glaucoma and diabetic eye disease. It’s not unusual for them to work side-by-side with Drs. Elmquist and Eccles-Brown to diagnose, treat and manage more complex conditions.
Why We Stand Out
Dr. Elmquist has been distinguished as one of America’s Top Doctors in ophthalmology for six years in a row by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. The esteemed “Top Doctors” directory acknowledges the top 1% of physicians within their field who are nominated by other physicians and extensively reviewed by Castle Connolly’s doctor-led research team.
Elmquist Eye Group is proud to be listed at Angie’s List since 2008 with a consistent “A” rating. We are also one of few Southwest Florida ophthalmology and optometry practices to perform well enough to earn their coveted Super Service Award.
With over 60 combined years of experience in the optical field, we proudly offer a passion for providing the highest level of service to our patients. In addition to comprehensive eye exams for patients over the age of five, our services include (but are not limited to):
- Full Service Optical: Our Optical Boutique provides high-quality designer frames and lenses in styles that will fit your lifestyle plus a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
- Comprehensive Eye Exams: Comprehensive eye examinations are extremely important. Many diseases can be detected during an eye exam including diabetes, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. Adults between 18 and 60 should have a comprehensive eye exam every two years, and those 61 and older should have one every year.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: If you are diabetic, you are 25 times more likely to lose your good vision. We perform thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any diabetic complications including diabetic retinopathy.
- LASIK Evaluation & Surgery: When you have a refractive error, such as nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism, or presbyopia, LASIK surgery can improve the ability of your eyes to focus and eliminate the need for corrective lenses.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: Cataract surgery involves removing the natural lens of the eye that has become cloudy and replacing it with an artificial lens. We offer state-of-the-art bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: Glaucoma testing involves measuring internal eye pressure and a detailed scan of the retina for signs of disease. When detected and treated at an early stage, glaucoma can be controlled.
If you are looking for the top eye doctors in SW Florida, the highly qualified ophthalmologists and optometrists at Elmquist Eye Group will ensure that you and your family receive outstanding care. Get in touch with us today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment.