Nina G. Burt, OD
Board Certified Optometrist
Dr. Burt relocated to Southwest Florida in 2005 where she had been in private practice for 3 years. Wanting to focus more on the ocular disease aspect of Optometry, Dr. Burt joined Elmquist Eye Group in 2009. She is thrilled to be a part of the individualized and compassionate care that Elmquist Eye Group offers to all their patients.
Dr. Burt is originally from South Africa. She lived there for 9 years and then moved to Brazil where she learned and became fluent in Portuguese. She moved to the United States in 1994 to further her education. Dr. Burt attended undergraduate school at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee where she received her Bachelor of Science in Biology with honors. She received her Doctor of Optometry degree from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida with honors.
In her free time, Nina enjoys boating, shopping and traveling with her family. Family travels include RVing and visiting the beautiful national parks in the US. As a mother, Nina loves rock painting, drawing and arts-and-crafts with her 3 young children. Her non-medical interests include running and cooking.
SOCIETIES / ORGANIZATIONS
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association
- National Board of Optometry, 2005
- State of Florida Certified Optometrist, 2005
HONORS / AWARDS
- Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society
- Nova Southeastern University Externship Clinical Honors
- Nova Southeastern University Internships Clinical Honors
- Academic Excellence Award in Biology, Union University
- Tennessee Academy of Science Research Award
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & CHARITY
- Member, Young Professionals of Florida