Top Eye Doctors in Lee County
Do your best to keep your eyes in good health by finding the top eye doctors in Lee County to examine them regularly and provide expert treatment when anything goes wrong.
Dr. E. Trevor Elmquist and his associates, including Dr. Kate Wagner, partner, Dr. Nina Burt, and Dr. Sarah Eccles-Brown provide a complete range of eye care services, including comprehensive eye exams and diagnosis and treatment of cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, dry eyes, glaucoma, presbyopia, myopia, hyperopia and other eye conditions. We also have a full optometric boutique that features a wide range of eyeglass options.
Why We Stand Out
Dr. Trevor Elmquist is a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), a board certified ophthalmologist and surgeon, and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He has been selected as one of America’s Top Doctors by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a list of the top 1% of doctors in each medical field, both nationally and regionally, based on the nominations of other physicians.
Elmquist Eye Group is also proud to be listed at Angie’s List since 2008 with a consistent “A” rating. We are also one of few Southwest Florida ophthalmology and optometry practices to perform well enough to earn their coveted Super Service Award.
With over 40 years of experience in the optical field, we proudly offer a passion for providing the highest level of service to our patients. In addition to comprehensive eye exams for patients over the age of five, our services include (but are not limited to):
- Full Service Optical: Our Optical Boutique provides high-quality designer frames and lenses in styles that will fit your lifestyle plus a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: If you are diabetic, you are 25 times more likely to lose your good vision. We perform thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any diabetic complications including diabetic retinopathy.
- Dry Eye Treatment: Dry eyes are caused by too little lubrication on the surface of the eye. This can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of inflammation and eye infections.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: Cataract surgery involves removing the natural lens of the eye that has become cloudy and replacing it with an artificial lens. We offer state-of-the-art bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: Glaucoma testing involves measuring internal eye pressure and a detailed scan of the retina for signs of disease. When detected and treated at an early stage, glaucoma can be controlled.
- LASIK Evaluation & Surgery: When you have a refractive error, such as nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism, or presbyopia, LASIK surgery can improve the ability of your eyes to focus and eliminate the need for corrective lenses.
If you are looking for the top eye doctors in Lee County, consider the highly qualified ophthalmologists and optometrists at Elmquist Eye Group who will ensure that you receive outstanding care. Get in touch with us today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment.