Top Cataract Surgeons in Florida
Offering comprehensive eye exams, traditional and laser-assisted cataract surgery, and complete optometry services, Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers and Cape Coral is staffed by the top cataract surgeons in Florida.
The Elmquist Team
Yasaira Rodriguez, MD is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, specializing in cataract surgery, upper eyelid surgery and general ophthalmology.
Kate Wagner, OD, partner, and Nina Burt, OD are optometrists who are board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry and take pride in offering a unique blend of expert eye care and a passion for providing the best service to patients of all ages.
About Bladeless Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
The only way to treat cataracts is with surgery to replace the clouded lens of the eye with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL). There is little to no discomfort, and vision is usually restored within days.
Elmquist Eye Group is pleased to offer the revolutionary bladeless laser-assisted cataract procedure as well as the latest advancements in intraocular lens technology.
The same laser technology that is used for all-laser LASIK surgery allows our surgeons to plan and customize each cataract procedure to the unique characteristics of each patient’s eye.
The computer-guided, surgeon-controlled laser has several advantages when compared to traditional cataract surgery:
- Allows for safer and faster lens removal
- Automates three steps of cataract surgery that used to be done manually
- Reduces the need for surgical blades for corneal incisions and anterior capsulotomy
- Improves the accuracy of placement of the new intraocular lens implant
- Can create precise, customized incisions that are tailored to each patient’s unique eye anatomy
- Reduces the chances of thermal injury to tissues inside the eye
- Lessens recovery time following surgery
- Corrects for astigmatism via laser instead of manual incision, reducing the need for glasses following surgery
If your vision is getting cloudy, if you are losing your color perception, or are having trouble with night vision, you may be in the early stages of developing cataracts. Schedule a cataract evaluation today to discuss your options.
As you evaluate treatment options, consider the top cataract surgeons in Florida at Elmquist Eye Group. We can make cataract surgery faster and safer than it was before and provide better visual outcomes. Call us at (239) 936-2020 to discuss any questions you may have.