Nearest Eye Doctor
As you look for the nearest eye doctor in Southwest Florida to examine your eyes or treat an eye condition that has been bothering you, consider the highly skilled team at Elmquist Eye Group.
Elmquist Eye Group has more than 40 combined years of experience in the optical field. We are the premiere eye care facility in Cape Coral and Fort Myers and offer you a unique combination of state-of-the-art eye care and passion for providing the highest level of service.
E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, is a skilled ophthalmologist who is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He acquired his early experience as an ophthalmology resident at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. He was selected as Chief Resident at Walter Reed and was the Chief of the Homestead Air Force Base eye clinic from 1988-1990. Dr. Elmquist is one of America’s Top Doctors in ophthalmology, selected by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., which places him among the top 1% of doctors in the nation.
Kate M. Wagner, OD, is board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry. Dr. Wagner graduated with honors from Nova Southeastern College of Optometry and, before joining Elmquist Eye Group, and also acquired experience as a Captain in the U.S. Army during Operation Iraqi Freedom where she treated service men and women and local civilians at an eye clinic north of Baghdad.
Nina G. Burt, OD, is board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry. Dr. Burt earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee and completed her optometry degree at Fort Lauderdale’s Nova Southeastern University, graduating with honors. She has lived in such diverse locations as South Africa and Brazil.
Elmquist Eye Group Services
Elmquist Eye Group offers comprehensive eye and vision care for everyone in your family, from children to seniors. Our services include (but are not limited to):
- Comprehensive Eye Exams (for patients over 5 years old): Even if you have no apparent symptoms of an eye condition or vision problem, a thorough eye examination can detect early signs of conditions that could damage your eyesight or cause problems for you in the future. To accomplish this, your eye doctor may dilate your eyes with drops to make the pupils bigger, enabling him or her to take a closer look in your eyes. If you are diabetic, we perform retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any diabetic eye diseases, such as diabetic retinopathy.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: Cataracts can occur at any age, but are a very common part of the natural aging process. They are a clouding of the normally clear lens of the eye that can lead to blurred vision. Dr. Elmquist specializes in cataract surgery and also offers state-of-the-art bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Surgery: Glaucoma can cause serious loss of vision or blindness, but it can be controlled when detected and treated at an early stage. Elmquist Eye Group provides a variety of sophisticated tests and retinal scans that can help us diagnose the disease, determine its severity, and decide upon the best treatment for you.
- Macular Degeneration – Often called Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), this disorder affects your central vision and is the leading cause of vision impairment in people age 65 years and older. A comprehensive annual exam can help us detect the early signs of AMD and treat it, if necessary.
- Full Service Optical: Elmquist Eye Group offers a complete Optical Boutique which provides high-quality frames and lenses in the latest styles and a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
These are just a few of the eye care services we provide at Elmquist Eye Group. When you need the nearest and most highly qualified eye doctor in Fort Myers or Cape Coral, please call us at (239) 936-2020 to experience our state-of-the-art eye care.