Improving Eye Health in Fort Myers
Whether you need a routine eye exam or care for complex vision problems, Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers can help. We have been dedicated to improving eye health for everyone in your family, from children to seniors, for 25 years.
E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, his partner, Kate Wagner, OD, and his associates Nina Burt, OD and Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, provide a wide variety of eye care services, from routine eye exams for corrective lenses to bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery, LASIK laser vision correction, and glaucoma laser surgery.
Dr. Elmquist and Dr. Brown are board certified ophthalmologists and fellows of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Wagner and Dr. Burt are board certified optometrists.
Elmquist Eye Group has been listed at Angie’s List since 2008, where we maintain an “A” rating and are among a very small percentage of Southwest Florida practices to perform well enough to earn their Super Service Award!
Wide Range of Services
Our services include (but are not limited to):
- Comprehensive Eye Exams (for ages 5 and up) – Many eye and vision problems have no symptoms, so comprehensive eye exams are an important part of maintaining healthy vision. Even if you think your eyes are healthy, they are important for detecting and treating problems before they lead to vision loss.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: People with diabetes are 25 times more likely than non-diabetics to lose their good vision. Elmquist Eye Group performs thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any complications of diabetes, such as diabetic retinopathy.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: If the natural lens of the eye becomes cloudy and prevents you from seeing clearly, it can be replaced with an artificial lens. We are proud to offer state-of-the-art refractive cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: When detected and treated at an early stage, glaucoma can be controlled. We measure your internal eye pressure and perform a detailed scan of the retina for signs of the disease.
- Dry Eye Diagnosis & Treatment: When the surface of your eye lacks sufficient lubrication, you may have dry eye syndrome. This can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of inflammation and eye infections.
- LASIK Evaluation & Surgery: LASIK is one of several options that can reduce or eliminate your dependence on glasses or contacts. We never compromise on safety; we utilize the safest, most advanced technologies and equipment to ensure that we deliver the best possible results.
- Full Service Optical: In our full-service Optical Boutique you’ll find high-quality frames and lenses in the latest styles to fit your lifestyle and budget, as well as a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
If you are interested in improving your eye health, the highly regarded team at Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers provides eye exams, corrective lenses, and an unparalleled level of care for a wide range of eye and vision problems using state-of-the-art technology and specialized equipment. Call us today at (239) 936-2020 to make an appointment.