Fort Myers Eyeglass Stores
Many eyeglass stores in Fort Myers offer a limited selection, but Elmquist Eye Group offers a wide range of highly fashionable eyeglasses and sunglasses for men, women and children.
The knowledgeable opticians in our Optical Boutique will be happy to assist you in selecting the perfect frame and lenses from a wide variety of designer brands, including Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Coach, Ray Ban, Oakley, Juicy Couture, Nike, Liz Claiborne, Nautica and many others, and help you get the best possible fit.
Elmquist Eye Group has been serving Lee County and Southwest Florida since 1992. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, his partner, Kate Wagner, OD, and his associates, Nina Burt, OD, Yasaira Rodriguez, MD and Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, provide comprehensive eye care services, including eye exams and the diagnosis and treatment of presbyopia, myopia, hyperopia, cataracts, LASIK, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, dry eyes, glaucoma, and other eye conditions.
Lens Material Options
In addition to frames that will fit your personality and lifestyle, Elmquist Eye Group offers a variety of lens material options that are designed to provide you with the most accurate vision possible, including:
- Polycarbonate lenses are 10 times more impact-resistant than glass or plastic. In fact, they are constructed out of material that is identical to what is called “bulletproof glass.” They have built-in scratch coating and UV protection. Because they are very lightweight and shatter-proof, polycarbonate lenses are a great choice for kids.
- Hi-index lenses are thinner and lighter than polycarbonate lenses. They come in different indexes and will provide crisp vision for even the strongest prescriptions. Hi-index lenses block 100% UVA and UVB light, have a built-in scratch coat, and are ideal for rimless frames.
- Trivex lenses are optically superior to polycarbonate lenses and provide better scratch resistance as well as 100% UVA and UVA blocking. They are very useful if you wear rimless or semi-rimless frames, or if you’re hard on glasses.
Getting the Best Fit
If you already wear glasses, you know that frames are not one-size-fits-all. In addition to fitting the dimensions of your unique head, your Elmquist Eye Group optician will make sure that your new glasses are comfortable.
Our opticians can be especially helpful if you wear multifocal lenses, such as bifocals, trifocals and progressive lenses, by suggesting frames that will work well with your prescription and look good on your face.
A frame that fits well will:
- Be slightly wider than your head, with adequate space between your temple and the temple arm (the piece that goes back toward your ear).
- Have temple arms that touch your head just in front of your ears and don’t curve until they rest on your ears. The tips should rest against your head without pressing too tightly.
- Have a good-fitting bridge (where the frame rests on your nose). For your continued comfort, be sure the bridge is not too loose or too tight. To test it out, bend over and make sure the frames stay securely in place.
If you are trying to find the best eyeglass stores in Fort Myers with the best team of ophthalmologists, optometrists and opticians to care for your family’s eyes, call Elmquist Eye Group today at (239) 936-2020.