Find an Ophthalmologist in My Area
As you try to find an ophthalmologist in your area, consider Dr. Trevor Elmquist and Dr. Sarah Eccles-Brown of Elmquist Eye Group. They provide an unparalleled level of care when you have a serious eye injury, a complex eye disease, or complicated vision problems.
Elmquist Eye Group has been serving Cape Coral, Fort Myers and all of Southwest Florida for more than 25 years. Our comprehensive services include routine eye exams for corrective lenses, bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery, LASIK laser vision correction, and glaucoma laser surgery.
Why Choose Elmquist Eye Group?
There are many reasons to choose us for your care:
- Dr, Trevor Elmquist and Dr. Sarah Eccles-Brown are board certified and fellowship-trained ophthalmologists.
- Dr. Elmquist is one of Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors, a publication that recognizes the top 1% of physicians in their fields.
- We take a personal interest in every patient, skillfully diagnosing and treating eye conditions that affect everyone from children to seniors.
- We utilize the safest, most advanced technologies and equipment to ensure that we deliver the best possible care.
- We take the time to answer your questions and explain your treatment options in depth, and work hard to make our services affordable for any budget.
- We have maintained an “A” rating at Angie’s List since 2008 and have repeatedly earned their coveted Super Service Award.
- We offer convenient office times and schedules at our two state-of-the art offices in Fort Myers and Cape Coral.
Why Board Certification Matters
Dr. Elmquist and Dr. Eccles-Brown, ophthalmologists at Elmquist Eye Group, are both board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Why is this important?
In order to practice medicine, a doctor must graduate from medical school, meet residency requirements, and be approved by the state’s official medical board. However, not all physicians are board certified in the specialties they practice.
To become board certified, a doctor must spend several years in supervised training after medical school. He or she must then pass an exam that assesses his or her medical knowledge and clinical judgment in a particular specialty or subspecialty.
Every few years, the board reviews the doctor’s credentials and administers tests to ensure that he or she still demonstrates exemplary knowledge and mastery in their field of certification.
In other words, board certification is a useful tool that can help you determine whether the ophthalmologist (or other physician) you select to provide your care has expertise and experience in his or her field of medicine.
Because any doctor can claim to be board certified, it’s important to verify his or her credentials with Certification Matters which is operated by the American Board of Medical Specialties, the umbrella organization for 24 individual specialty boards.
If you are in Cape Coral or Fort Myers and trying to find a highly skilled ophthalmologist in your area, call Elmquist Eye Group at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment for an evaluation.