Eye Doctors, Optometrists & Ophthalmologists Fort Myers, FL
When you are looking for the top eye doctors, optometrists and ophthalmologists in Fort Myers, FL to diagnose and treat a complex eye disease or vision problem, you can count on Elmquist Eye Group to provide the highest level of care.
Dr. E. Trevor Elmquist and his highly skilled associates, including Dr. Kate Wagner, partner, Dr. Nina Burt, and Dr. Yasaira Rodriguez, provide comprehensive eye care to thousands of patients throughout Southwest Florida in state-of-the-art facilities using highly specialized equipment.
The Elmquist team proudly offers a passion for providing the highest level of service to our patients. In addition to comprehensive eye exams for patients over the age of five, our services include (but are not limited to):
- Full Service Optical: Our Optical Boutique provides high-quality designer frames and lenses in styles that will fit your lifestyle plus a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: If you are diabetic, you are 25 times more likely to lose your good vision. We perform thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any diabetic complications including diabetic retinopathy.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: Cataract surgery involves removing the natural lens of the eye that has become cloudy and replacing it with an artificial lens. We offer state-of-the-art bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: Glaucoma testing involves measuring internal eye pressure and a detailed scan of the retina for signs of disease. When detected and treated at an early stage, glaucoma can be controlled.
- LASIK Evaluation & Surgery: When you have a refractive error, such as nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism, or presbyopia, LASIK surgery can improve the ability of your eyes to focus and eliminate the need for corrective lenses.
- Dry Eye Treatment: Dry eyes are caused by too little lubrication on the surface of the eye. This can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of inflammation and eye infections.
When Was Your Last Eye Exam?
If you haven’t had a comprehensive eye examination lately, now would be a great time to schedule one! Many eye and vision problems have no symptoms in the early stages, so periodic exams are an important part of maintaining eye health.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology recommends annual comprehensive dilated eye exams starting at age 60. African-Americans are at higher risk for developing glaucoma, however, and annual dilated eye exams should start at age 40. And all individuals with diabetes should have a dilated eye exam at least once a year.
Even if you think you have healthy eyes, a comprehensive eye examination is the only way to know for sure.
We are confident that you will find the top eye doctors, optometrists and ophthalmologists in Fort Myers, FL at Elmquist Eye Group. Choosing us for your family eye care gives you access to a complete range of eye doctors with different training, expertise, and unique strengths. Call us today at (239) 936-2020 to make an appointment.