Eye Care in Cape Coral, FL
When you or someone in your family needs eye care or eye surgery in Cape Coral, FL, you can rely on Elmquist Eye Group to manage your treatment with skill and professionalism.
About the Elmquist Team
Elmquist Eye Group has served Southwest Florida for over 25 years. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO is a board certified ophthalmologist. His partner, Kate Wagner, OD, and associate, Nina Burt, OD, are board certified optometrists. His associate, Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, is a board certified ophthalmologist.
Together, the team provides comprehensive eye care to everyone in your family, from children to seniors, in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Lee County and beyond.
Dr. Elmquist is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology who specializes in general ophthalmology and cataract surgery. As further evidence of his expertise in his field, he has also been selected as one of America’s Top Doctors in ophthalmology by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. for five consecutive years.
The Elmquist team takes a personal interest in every patient, skillfully diagnosing and treating a wide range of eye conditions. Our patients find it comforting to be treated by compassionate, concerned physicians who take a genuine interest in their eye health and provide valuable advice.
When Was Your Last Eye Exam?
If you don’t remember your last eye exam, you may be passing up your best opportunity to protect your eyesight. A comprehensive eye examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist is the only way to ensure that your eyes are healthy.
There are many conditions that threaten your eyesight, such as cataracts, glaucoma or macular degeneration, but there may be few symptoms in their early stages. Catching them early can result in successful treatment. Even if you think your eyes are healthy, regular eye exams are important for detecting and treating problems before they lead to vision loss.
Eye Care Services We Provide
In addition to comprehensive eye exams for patients over the age of five, Elmquist Eye Group’s services include (but are not limited to):
- Full Service Optical: Our Optical Boutique provides high-quality frames and lenses in the latest styles to fit your lifestyle, and a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: If you are diabetic, you are 25 times more likely to lose your good vision. We perform thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any diabetic complications including diabetic retinopathy.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: Cataract surgery involves removing the natural lens of the eye that has become cloudy and replacing it with an artificial lens. We are proud to offer state-of-the-art bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: Glaucoma testing involves measuring internal eye pressure and a detailed scan of the retina for signs of disease. When detected and treated at an early stage, glaucoma can be controlled.
- LASIK Laser Vision Correction: If you’ve been wearing eyeglasses for a long time and would like to be rid of them, consider that continuous improvements in laser technology and surgical techniques have made LASIK surgery safer and more effective year after year.
Elmquist Eye Group is well-known in Cape Coral, FL for having the best eye doctors in the region. We take pride in providing our patients with individualized eye care. Call us today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment.