Cataract Laser Surgery Cape Coral
Although cataract surgery is one of the safest and most successful procedures performed in medicine today and has a better than 95% success rate, laser assisted cataract surgery at Elmquist Eye Group in Cape Coral can make the surgery even safer and provide better visual outcomes.
About Bladeless Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
The only way to treat cataracts is with surgery that replaces the clouded lens of the eye with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL). There is little to no discomfort, and vision is usually restored within days.
The same laser technology that is used for all-laser LASIK surgery allows Dr. Rodriguez to plan and customize each cataract procedure to the unique characteristics of each patient’s eye.
The computer-guided, surgeon-controlled laser has several advantages when compared to traditional cataract surgery:
- Allows for safer and faster lens removal
- Automates three steps of cataract surgery that used to be performed manually
- Reduces the need for surgical blades for corneal incisions and anterior capsulotomy
- Improves the accuracy of placement of the new intraocular lens implant
- Can create precise, customized incisions that are tailored to each patient’s unique eye anatomy
- Reduces the chances of thermal injury to tissues inside the eye
- Lessens recovery time following surgery
- Corrects for astigmatism via laser instead of manual incision, reducing the need for glasses following surgery
If your vision is getting cloudy, if you are losing your color perception or are having trouble with night vision, you may be in the early stages of developing cataracts. Schedule a cataract evaluation today to discuss your options.
To learn more about cataract laser surgery in Cape Coral, get in touch with Elmquist Eye Group. Call us at (239) 936-2020 to discuss any questions you may have about your eye or vision problems.