Bladeless Cataract Surgery Fort Myers
If you live in the Fort Myers area and have a cataract, consider bladeless cataract surgery at Elmquist Eye Group. This advanced procedure removes cataracts with greater precision without the need for a surgical blade.
Elmquist Eye Group is recognized in Fort Myers and Cape Coral for having the best eye doctors in the region.
Yasaira Rodriguez, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist who specializes in LASIK, premium cataract surgery and eyelid surgery. Kate Wagner, OD and Nina Burt, OD, are skilled board certified optometrists who provide comprehensive eye care services.
Elmquist Eye Group has maintained an “A” rating at Angie’s List since 2008 and has repeatedly earned their coveted Super Service Award.
About Bladeless Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
Although cataract surgery is one of the safest and most successful procedures performed in medicine today and has a better than 95% success rate, laser-assisted cataract surgery improves the precision of many of the key surgical steps, providing even better visual outcomes and making cataract surgery even safer.
The same technology that is used for all-laser LASIK surgery allows Dr. Rodriguez to plan and customize each cataract procedure to the unique characteristics of each patient’s eye.
The computer-guided, surgeon-controlled laser has several advantages when compared to traditional cataract surgery:
- Allows for safer and faster lens removal
- Automates three steps of cataract surgery that were previously performed manually
- Reduces the need for surgical blades for corneal incisions and anterior capsulotomy
- Allows for unparalleled surgical precision
- Improves the accuracy of placement of the new intraocular lens implant
- Can create precise, customized incisions that are tailored to each patient’s unique eye anatomy
- Reduces the chances of thermal injury to tissues inside the eye and lessens recovery time
- Corrects for astigmatism via laser instead of manual incision, reducing the need for glasses following surgery
If your vision is getting cloudy, if you are losing your color perception or are having trouble with night vision, you may be in the early stages of developing cataracts. Schedule a cataract evaluation today to discuss your options.
With the friendly Elmquist Eye Group staff, top-of-the-line technology, and our surgeons’ extensive experience, you can rest assured that your cataract surgery will be in the right hands.
When you need an experienced specialist for bladeless cataract surgery in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, or elsewhere in Lee County, you can count on Elmquist Eye Group to provide the highest level of care. Call us today at (239) 936-2020 for an appointment.