Best Ophthalmologist Southwest Florida
If you are looking for the best ophthalmologist in Southwest Florida and a highly qualified team of professionals, consider Dr. E. Trevor Elmquist and Elmquist Eye Group for outstanding care. We are committed to helping patients achieve better vision and superior eye health.
Elmquist Eye Group offers an exceptional patient experience by using the most advanced testing and diagnostic equipment available today. This enables us to provide you with thorough preventative care, treatment, and management of eye disease, such as cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and dry eye syndrome.
What Ophthalmologists Do
E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, founder of Elmquist Eye Group, and his associate, Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and fellows of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Ophthalmologists are physicians – either medical doctors (MDs) or doctors of osteopathy (ODs). They are specialists in the medical and surgical treatment of eye injuries and eye diseases.
They complete four years of college, four years of medical school and one year of internship. They also spend at least three years in an approved surgical residency program in ophthalmology.
Most ophthalmologists are licensed and trained for complex and delicate eye surgery, such as cataract removal, lens implants and laser vision correction, and also correct vision problems with eyeglasses and contact lenses.
It’s important to verify whether an ophthalmologist who claims to be board certified is actually certified. Visit the Certification Matters website, managed by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which provides up-to-date information. You can also reach them by phone at (866) 275-2267.
Another excellent tool for evaluating ophthalmologists is the directory of America’s Top Doctors published by Castle Connolly Medical. This list identifies the top doctors, both nationally and regionally, based on nominations submitted by other physicians. Dr. Elmquist has been selected year after year as one of America’s Top Doctors.
Why Choose Elmquist Eye Group
Here are a few good reasons to choose Elmquist Eye Group:
- Experience and expertise (thousands of successful and innovative treatments over 25 years)
- Full-service family eye care, including diabetic eye care
- Innovators in Bladeless Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Experts in sight-saving treatment for glaucoma
- We take the time to fully understand each patient’s eye care needs
- We offer the latest advancements in eyewear and contact lens technologies
- Optical Boutique has thousands of options, including designer brands, unique European lines and a wide-range of prices
- Proud to be listed at Angie’s List since 2008 with a consistent “A” rating, and have been awarded their coveted Super Service Award several years in a row
- Conveniently located in Cape Coral and Fort Myers
If you live or work in Fort Myers or Cape Coral, make an appointment with the best ophthalmologists in Southwest Florida at Elmquist Eye Group. Call us at (239) 936-2020 to discuss your eye health and to schedule an appointment for an eye exam.