Best Eye Doctors
Your eye health is important to us at Elmquist Eye Group. We proudly offer you access to the best eye doctors in Southwest Florida, as well as state of the art technology and specialized equipment.
E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, founder of Elmquist Eye Group, and his associate, Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, are Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and Fellows of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
The Elmquist team also includes Kate M. Wagner, OD, Dr. Elmquist’s managing partner, and Nina G. Burt, OD, his associate. They are Board Certified optometrists who skillfully diagnose and treat a wide range of eye conditions.
We are proud to offer a unique combination of state-of-the-art treatment options and a passion for providing the highest level of service to our patients, from children to seniors.
Why Choose Us?
There are many reasons to choose Elmquist Eye Group for your care:
- Experience and expertise (thousands of successful and innovative treatments over 25 years)
- Full-service family eye care, including diabetic eye care
- The safest, most advanced technologies and equipment ensure that we deliver the best possible care
- Innovators in Bladeless Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Experts in sight-saving treatment for glaucoma
- We take the time to fully understand each patient’s eye care needs
- We offer the latest advancements in eyewear and contact lens technologies
- Optical Boutique has thousands of options, including designer brands, unique European lines and a wide-range of prices
- Proud to be listed at Angie’s List since 2008 with a consistent “A” rating, and have been awarded their coveted Super Service Award several years in a row
- Conveniently located in Cape Coral and Fort Myers
- We take the time to answer your questions and explain your treatment options in depth and work hard to make our services affordable for any budget
Have You Had an Eye Exam Recently?
If you don’t remember your last comprehensive eye exam, you may be avoiding your best option for protecting your eyesight. A thorough examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist is the only way to ensure that your eyes stay healthy.
There are many conditions that threaten your eyesight, but they may have few symptoms in their early stages. Catching them early can result in successful treatment. Even if you think your eyes are healthy, regular eye exams are important for detecting and treating problems before they lead to vision loss.
The American Optometric Association recommends that children who have no symptoms of eye or vision problems should have eye examinations according to the following schedule:
- Birth to 24 months: At 6 months of age
- Age 2 to 5: At age 3
- Age 6 to 18: Before first grade and then every 2 years
Adults between the ages of 18 and 60 should have routine eye exams every two years, and those 61 and older should have them every year. A comprehensive dilated eye exam should be done according to the following schedule from Prevent Blindness America:
- Age 20-39: Every 3 to 5 years (If African-American, every 2 to 4 years)
- Age 40-64: Every 2 to 4 years
- Age 65 or older: Every 1 to 2 years
Adults with special risks, such as diabetes, a previous eye trauma, surgery or a family history of glaucoma, may need more frequent eye exams.
Get in touch with Elmquist Eye Group at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment with one of the best eye doctors in Cape Coral or Fort Myers who will provide you with excellent care, advice, options and follow-up.