Best Eye Doctor for Cataract Surgery in Fort Myers
As you evaluate your options for the best eye doctor in Fort Myers for cataract surgery, consider Elmquist Eye Group.
Elmquist Eye Group has served families in Fort Myers, Cape Coral and beyond for more than 25 years. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, Kate Wagner, OD, his partner, and Nina Burt, OD and Yasaira Rodriguez, MD, his associates, provide a comprehensive range of services, including cataract surgery.
Reasons to Choose Elmquist Eye Group
There are many reasons to choose us for your cataract surgery, including:
- Our surgeon, Dr. Rodriguez, is a board certified and fellowship-trained ophthalmologist who specializes in cataract surgery.
- Elmquist has been selected by other physicians for five consecutive years as one of America’s Top Doctors in ophthalmology by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., acknowledging him among the top 1% of physicians in his field,
- Elmquist Eye Group has maintained an “A” rating at Angie’s List since 2008 and has repeatedly earned their coveted Super Service Award.
- Never compromising on safety, we utilize the safest, most advanced technologies and equipment to ensure that we deliver the best possible results.
- We take the time to answer your questions and explain your treatment options in depth.
- We offer convenient office times at our two state-of-the art offices in Fort Myers and Cape Coral.
Do You Have a Cataract?
It’s quite possible that you may not even realize you have a cataract because they usually develop slowly. It may take many years to notice the changes in your vision, but the symptoms include:
- Cloudy or blurry vision
- Difficulty reading
- Poor night vision
- Sensitivity to light, glare, and halos around lights
- Colors look faded or yellowed
- Double vision in one eye
- Frequent changes in glasses or contacts prescriptions
The first evidence of cataracts is usually discovered during an examination. Your eye doctor will dilate your pupils to thoroughly examine your eyes. He or she will also do a few extra tests, such as visual acuity and glare testing, to determine the severity of the cataract.
If cataracts are beginning to form, it’s important to make sure your glasses or contact lenses are strong enough to compensate for your impaired vision. As your cataracts develop further, you can discuss with Dr. Rodriguez whether surgery would be beneficial.
Elmquist Eye Group is pleased to offer refractive laser-assisted cataract surgery, a procedure that is designed to make the treatment more precise, safer and more accurate. Of course, there are risks with any type of surgery, and they should be discussed with Dr. Rodriguez before surgery.
Cataract surgery is one of the safest surgeries performed in the U.S. today, with a success rate that exceeds 95%. The procedure is quick, most patients experience little or no discomfort, and clear vision is usually restored within a few days.
Schedule an evaluation with the best eye doctors in Fort Myers to examine your eyes and discuss the latest options in cataract surgery and lens technology. Get in touch with Elmquist Eye Group at (239) 936-2020 to learn more.