Best Eye Doctor for Cataract Surgery in Cape Coral
If you think you may have a cataract, you will find the best eye doctor for cataract surgery at Elmquist Eye Group in Cape Coral.
Elmquist Eye Group has served the residents of Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and Southwest Florida for more than 25 years. Our talented team provides comprehensive eye care services.
- Meet board certified ophthalmologist Trevor Elmquist, DO
- Meet board certified ophthalmologist and surgeon Yasaira Rodriguez, MD
- Meet board certified optometrist (and managing partner) Kate Wagner, OD
- Meet board certified optometrist Nina Burt, OD
Dr. Elmquist is a board certified general ophthalmologist. He is proud to be among Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.’s list of America’s Top Doctors in ophthalmology, based on nominations from his peers.
Dr. Rodriguez is a board certified ophthalmologist and a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. Her eye surgery expertise includes refractive cataract surgery, eyelid surgery, and in-office procedures.
About Bladeless Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
Cataracts are cloudy areas in the normally clear lens of the eye that inhibit light from passing through to the retina normally. Over time, they can lead to blurred vision and are the leading cause of vision loss in the U.S. The good news is that they can be cured by means of cataract surgery.
Elmquist Eye Group is pleased to offer the revolutionary bladeless laser-assisted cataract procedure as well as the latest advancements in intraocular lens technology.
The same laser technology that is used for all-laser LASIK surgery allows our surgeons to plan and customize each cataract procedure to the unique characteristics of each patient’s eye.
The computer-guided, surgeon-controlled laser has several advantages when compared to traditional cataract surgery:
- Allows for safer and faster lens removal
- Automates three steps of cataract surgery that used to be done manually
- Reduces the need for surgical blades for corneal incisions and anterior capsulotomy
- Improves the accuracy of placement of the new intraocular lens implant
- Can create precise, customized incisions that are tailored to each patient’s unique eye anatomy
- Reduces the chances of thermal injury to tissues inside the eye
- Lessens recovery time following surgery
- Corrects for astigmatism via laser instead of manual incision, reducing the need for glasses following surgery
Cataract surgery is one of the safest surgeries performed in the U.S. today, with a success rate that exceeds 95%. The procedure is quick, most patients experience little or no discomfort, and clear vision is usually restored within a few days.
If your vision is getting cloudy, if you are losing your color perception, or are having trouble with night vision, you may be in the early stages of developing cataracts.
As you evaluate your options for the best eye doctor in Cape Coral for cataract surgery, contact Elmquist Eye Group today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule a cataract evaluation. We are proud to be leaders in refractive cataract surgery and can help you decide on your best options.