Best Eye Centers in Southwest Florida
As one of the best eye centers in Southwest Florida, Elmquist Eye Group offers you access to highly qualified eye doctors with unique strengths, as well as state of the art technology and specialized equipment.
E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, founder of Elmquist Eye Group, is an experienced ophthalmologist and surgeon who is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Elmquist’s talented team includes his partner, Kate Wagner, OD, a board certified optometrist, Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, a board certified ophthalmologist who has additional training in refractive surgery and eyelid surgery, and Nina Burt, OD, a board certified optometrist.
The Elmquist team provides a full spectrum of services in a comfortable and caring setting, including comprehensive eye exams and diagnosis and treatment of cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, dry eyes, glaucoma, presbyopia, myopia, hyperopia and other eye conditions.
Click on these links to find out more about the wide range of services we provide, including (but not limited to):
- Comprehensive Eye Exams – for ages 5 and up
- Full Service Optical Boutique
- Diabetic Eye Exams
- Cataract Evaluations
- Refractive Cataract Surgery
- Blepharoplasty Evaluation & Surgery
- Dry Eye Diagnosis & Treatment
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment
- Macular Degeneration Evaluation
- Blepharitis Treatment – Spa Scrubs
How to Find the Best Eye Doctors
It may take a little research to find the best eye doctor. Here are a few suggestions:
- Ask family, friends and coworkers for recommendations, and question them about their satisfaction with the services they received.
- Ask other health professionals including your family doctor, dentist, or pharmacist for recommendations.
- Check with the American Board of Medical Specialties, the American Board of Ophthalmology, or the Florida Board of Optometry to find out if the doctor is board certified and if his or her credentials are up to date.
- Look for eye doctors who participate in education or medical research. This is a good indication that they are informed about the latest technological advances in eye care.
- Research your eye doctor on reputable review websites like Angie’s List. Elmquist Eye Group has maintained an “A” rating at Angie’s List since 2008 and is among a small number of Southwest Florida ophthalmology and optometry practices to perform well enough to earn their Super Service Award.
Our Convenient Locations
Elmquist Eye Group has two convenient state-of-the-art offices in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, Florida that are open from Monday through Friday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM. One of our doctors also sees patients at the Arbor Medical Clinic at Shell Point Retirement Community on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
As one of the best eye centers in Southwest Florida, Elmquist Eye Group can provide you with an unsurpassed level of care. Schedule an appointment today by calling us at (239) 936-2020.