Best Cataract Surgeon in Florida
If you think you may be a candidate for cataract surgery or want to find the best cataract surgeon in Southwest Florida, Elmquist Eye Group would be delighted to answer your questions and help restore clarity and crispness in your vision.
Elmquist Eye Group has served families in Fort Myers, Cape Coral and beyond for more than 25 years. Yasaira Rodriguez, MD, Kate Wagner, OD, and Nina Burt, OD provide a comprehensive range of services, including cataract surgery.
Reasons to Choose Elmquist Eye Group
There are many reasons to choose us for your cataract surgery, including:
- Our surgeon, Dr. Rodriguez, is a board certified and fellowship-trained ophthalmologist who specializes in cataract surgery.
- Elmquist Eye Group has maintained an “A” rating at Angie’s List since 2008 and has repeatedly earned their coveted Super Service Award.
- Never compromising on safety, we utilize the safest, most advanced technologies and equipment to ensure that we deliver the best possible results.
- We take the time to answer your questions and explain your treatment options in depth.
- We offer convenient office times at our two state-of-the art offices in Fort Myers and Cape Coral.
About Cataract Surgery
Cataracts are cloudy areas in the normally clear lens of the eye. Over time, they can lead to blurred vision. They are the leading cause of vision loss in the U.S., and an estimated 20.5 million Americans aged 40 years and older have a cataract in one or both eyes. The good news is that they can be cured by means of cataract surgery.
In traditional cataract surgery, the natural lens of the eye is removed and replaced with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL) to restore your clear vision. Traditional cataract surgery provides excellent results, but there have been technological advances in both lens technology and surgical techniques that provide you with more options.
To achieve the best possible outcomes for our cataract patients, Elmquist Eye Group offers the state-of-the-art bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery. An FDA-approved laser automates several steps of the procedure that previously had to be performed manually, and improves the precision, accuracy and safety of cataract surgery.
Cataracts can worsen over time and, if left untreated, can cause you to lose some of your eyesight. Schedule an evaluation with one of our physicians to examine your eyes and discuss the latest options in treatment and lens technology. Get in touch with Elmquist Eye Group at (239) 936-2020 to learn more about your many options.