Eye Doctor Fort Myers
Your eyes work hard all day, every day. If you are looking for an excellent eye doctor in and around Fort Myers or Cape Coral to keep them healthy, Elmquist Eye Group will give your eyes the care and attention they deserve. We work hard to preserve and improve the vision and health of each and every one of our patients.
Our talented team includes:
Trevor Elmquist, DO, is an experienced ophthalmologist who is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He served as an ophthalmology resident at Walter Reed Army Medical Center from 1985 to 1988, where he was Chief Resident from 1987 to 1988, and was also Chief of the eye clinic at Homestead Air Force Base from 1988 to 1990.
Kate M. Wagner, OD, is board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry. She received her optometry degree from Nova Southeastern College of Optometry, graduating with honors. Prior to joining Elmquist Eye Group as a partner, Dr. Wagner was a Captain in the U.S. Army and was deployed during Operation Iraqi Freedom, where she treated service men and women and local civilians at a clinic north of Baghdad.
Nina G. Burt, OD, is board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee, and went on to complete her optometry degree at Fort Lauderdale’s Nova Southeastern University, graduating with honors. Dr. Burt has lived in such diverse locations as South Africa and Brazil.
Comprehensive Services at Elmquist Eye Group
At Elmquist Eye Group, we are proud to offer a unique combination of state-of-the-art eye care and a passion for providing the highest level of service to our patients. In addition to comprehensive eye exams for patients over the age of five, our services include (but are not limited to):
- Diabetic Eye Exams: People with diabetes are 25 times more likely to lose vision than those who are not diabetic, according to the American Academy of Ophthalmology. We perform a thorough retinal exam through dilated pupils to check for any diabetic complications including diabetic retinopathy.
- Dry Eye Treatment: Dry eyes result from not enough lubrication on the surface of the eye. This can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of corneal inflammation and eye infections. Visit Elmquist Eye Group for an eye exam that will determine if symptoms you are experiencing may be related to dry eyes.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: The components of a cataract examination are very similar to a general eye exam with a few additional tests to determine whether or not surgery is a viable option. Cataract surgery involves removing the natural lens of the eye that has become cloudy and replacing it with an artificial lens.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: Glaucoma testing involves measuring internal eye pressure and a detailed scan of the retina for signs of disease. Checking only the eye pressure is not enough. Comprehensive dilated eye exams are the best method of detection. When detected and treated at an early stage, glaucoma can be controlled.
- Macular Degeneration Evaluation: Macular degeneration affects the portion of the eye responsible for processing fine detail and providing sharp central vision (called the macula). We perform non-invasive tests to see more clearly what is happening in your retina.
- Full Service Optical: The Elmquist Eye Group team has over 40 years of experience in the optical field. We provide high-quality frames and lenses to fit your lifestyle. If you prefer contact lenses, we can help you determine which type will best meet your needs.
The eye doctors at Elmquist Eye Group can handle all of your vision needs. If you are in Fort Myers, Lee County, or elsewhere in Southwest Florida, and are looking for expert eye care, give us a call today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment.