Eye Care Centers in Cape Coral
Elmquist Eye Group is one of the most comprehensive eye care centers in Cape Coral and Fort Myers, offering a wide variety of services for your entire family, from routine eye exams for glasses to refractive cataract surgery and glaucoma laser surgery.
Dr. E. Trevor Elmquist and his associates, Dr. Kate Wagner and Dr. Nina Burt, have been serving communities throughout Lee County and Southwest Florida for more than 20 years. We take pride in offering a unique blend of expert eye care and a passion for providing the best service to patients of all ages.
Dr. Elmquist is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Drs. Wagner and Burt are optometrists who are board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry.
In addition to comprehensive eye exams for patients over age 5, our services include (but are not limited to):
- Full Service Optical: Offering you 40 years of combines experience in the optical field, Elmquist Eye Group provides high-quality frames and lenses that will fit any lifestyle. If you prefer contact lenses, we can help you find the type that best meets your needs.
- Dry Eye Treatment: Dry eyes are caused by lack of sufficient lubrication on the surface of the eye. The condition can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of corneal inflammation and eye infections. An eye exam at Elmquist Eye Group will determine if you are experiencing symptoms related to dry eyes.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, diabetic individuals are 25 times more likely to suffer vision loss than those who are not diabetic. Elmquist Eye Group performs thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for diabetic complications such as diabetic retinopathy.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: Trevor Elmquist is a specialist in cataract evaluations and cataract surgery. If your cataracts are interfering with your daily activities, he will perform a general eye exam with a few additional tests to determine whether or not surgery is a viable option. Cataract surgery involves removing the natural lens of the eye that has become cloudy and replacing it with an artificial lens. Dr. Elmquist also offers Bladeless Laser-Assisted cataract surgery, which automates several of the steps in cataract surgery that used to be performed manually.
- Macular Degeneration Evaluation: Macular degeneration, often called age-related macular degeneration, or AMD, affects the part of the retina that is responsible for providing sharp central vision (called the macula). Elmquist Eye Group performs non-invasive tests that allow us to see what is happening in your retina.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: When detected and treated at an early stage, glaucoma can be controlled. Comprehensive dilated eye exams are the best way to detect glaucoma, but checking only eye pressure is not enough. At Elmquist Eye Group, glaucoma testing also involves visual field tests, optic nerve analysis through use of a scanning laser, gonioscopy to assess the drainage structure of the eye, optic nerve photos, and a corneal thickness measurement.
At Elmquist Eye Group’s eye care centers in Cape Coral and Fort Myers, we recommend comprehensive eye exams once every two years for optimum eye health. Don’t wait until you experience vision problems to make that all-important appointment. Schedule an eye exam today with Elmquist Eye Group by calling (239) 936-2020.