Best Eye Doctor South West Florida
How do you find the best eye doctor in South West Florida? There are several things you may want to consider, such as location, experience and the overall health of your eyes. If you have a complex eye disease or vision problem, you may need to see an ophthalmologist. In less complicated situations, an optometrist may be the ideal choice.
Elmquist Eye Group has served Cape Coral, Fort Myers, and Southwest Florida for more than two decades. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, Kate Wagner, OD, his partner, and Nina Burt, OD, his associate, provide a complete range of services, including comprehensive eye exams and diagnosis and treatment of presbyopia, myopia, hyperopia, cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, macular degeneration, dry eyes and other eye conditions.
Dr. Elmquist is an experienced board certified ophthalmologist who specializes in general ophthalmology and cataract surgery. He has been selected as one of America’s Top Doctors by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. based on the nominations of his peers. Drs. Wagner and Burt are skilled board certified optometrists.
We take great pride in providing everyone in the family, from children to seniors, with personalized care. We also offer a full optometric boutique with a wide range of eyeglass options.
Elmquist Eye Group has two convenient state-of-the-art offices in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, Florida that are open from Monday through Friday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM.
- Trevor Elmquist, DO, is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, the American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Elmquist served as an ophthalmology resident at Walter Reed Army Medical Center from 1985 to 1988, and as Chief of the Homestead Air Force Base Eye Clinic from 1988 to 1990. He has also served as an Assistant Professor at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale from 1990 through 2009.
- Kate M. Wagner, OD, is board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry. She earned her optometry degree from Nova Southeastern College of Optometry, where she graduated with honors. Before joining Elmquist Eye Group, Dr. Wagner was a Captain in the United States Army and was deployed during Operation Iraqi Freedom, where she treated service men and women and local civilians at a clinic near Baghdad.
- Nina G. Burt, OD, is board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Union University in Jackson, Tennessee, and earned her optometry degree at Fort Lauderdale’s Nova Southeastern University, where she graduated with honors. Dr. Burt has lived in such diverse locations as South Africa and Brazil.
Resources for Choosing an Eye Doctor
It’s important to do some research when looking for an eye doctor. Here are a few suggestions:
- Ask for recommendations from your family, friends and coworkers, and inquire about their experiences and their satisfaction with the eye care services they received.
- Check with the American Board of Ophthalmology and the Florida Board of Optometry to find out if the doctor is board certified and if his or her credentials are up to date.
- Look for eye doctors who participate in education or medical research. This is a good indication that they are informed about the latest technological advances in eye care.
We are confident that you will find the best eye doctors in South West Florida at Elmquist Eye Group. We’ve been listed at Angie’s List since 2008, where we have maintained an “A” rating and are one of only 5% of Southwest Florida ophthalmology and optometry practices to perform well enough to earn their Super Service Award. Call us today at (239) 936-2020 to make an appointment.