Best Eye Doctor Fort Myers
You only get one pair of eyes. Do your best to keep them in good health by finding the best eye doctor in Fort Myers to examine them regularly and provide expert treatment when anything goes wrong.
At Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, our skilled team takes a personal interest in every patient, skillfully diagnosing and treating a wide range of eye conditions. Our patients find it comforting to have compassionate, concerned physicians who take a genuine interest in their eye health and provide valuable advice. Our talented team includes:
Trevor Elmquist, DO, is a skilled ophthalmologist who is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He served as an ophthalmology resident at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and as Chief of the eye clinic at Homestead Air Force Base before opening Elmquist Eye Group in 1992. Dr. Elmquist is one of America’s Top Doctors in ophthalmology, selected by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
Kate M. Wagner, OD, is board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry. She received her optometry degree from Nova Southeastern College of Optometry, graduating with honors. Prior to joining Elmquist Eye Group as a partner, Dr. Wagner was a Captain in the U.S. Army and was deployed during Operation Iraqi Freedom, where she treated service men and women and local civilians at a clinic north of Baghdad.
Nina G. Burt, OD, is board certified by the State of Florida and the National Board of Optometry. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee, and went on to complete her optometry degree at Fort Lauderdale’s Nova Southeastern University, graduating with honors. Dr. Burt has lived in such diverse locations as South Africa and Brazil.
The Elmquist Eye Group team has over 40 years of experience in the optical field. We are proud to offer a unique combination of state-of-the-art eye care and a passion for providing the highest level of service to our patients. In addition to comprehensive eye exams for patients over the age of five, our services include (but are not limited to):
- Full Service Optical: Our Optical Boutique provides high-quality frames and lenses in the latest styles to fit your lifestyle, as well as a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: If you are diabetic, you are 25 times more likely to lose your good vision. We perform thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any diabetic complications including diabetic retinopathy.
- Dry Eye Treatment: Dry eyes are caused by a lack of sufficient lubrication on the surface of the eye. This can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of inflammation and eye infections.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: Cataract surgery involves removing the natural lens of the eye that has become cloudy and replacing it with an artificial lens. We are proud to offer state-of-the-art bladeless laser-assisted cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: Glaucoma testing involves measuring internal eye pressure and a detailed evaluation of the optic nerve for signs of the disease. When detected and treated at an early stage, glaucoma can be controlled.
It’s important to choose the best eye doctor at the right time. When you need a highly qualified ophthalmologist or optometrist in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, or elsewhere in Lee County, consider Elmquist Eye Group for outstanding care. Get in touch with us today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment.