Womens Eyeglasses Cape Coral
Find the latest high-quality women’s eyeglasses and frames at Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers and Cape Coral. Whether you’re looking for something designer, retro or rimless, we offer a wide selection that will flatter the shape of your face and your personal sense of style.
Elmquist Eye Group provides quality eye care for families and has proudly served Southwest Florida for over 25 years. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, a board certified ophthalmologist and one of America’s Top Doctors, along with his partner, Kate Wagner, OD, and associate, Nina Burt, OD, provide a comprehensive range of eye care services.
In our Optical Boutique, we’ll help you choose just the right frame and lenses from a wide variety of brands, including Costa del Mar, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Marc Jacobs, Oakley, Ray Ban, Silhouette, Coach, Juicy Couture, Liz Claiborne, Charmant, Saks Fifth Avenue, and many others.
Consider Your Face Shape
Eyewear should complement your facial features and eye color. Some frame shapes can make the angles and curves of your face seem out of proportion, so it’s important to choose frames that are the right size and shape.
Here are the characteristics of five of the most common face shapes and some tricks of the trade for choosing the best frames for each profile.
- Round: Round faces are characterized by full cheekbones, rounded chins, few if any angles, and their width and length are equally proportioned. Avoid round frames that exaggerate the roundness. Instead, look for horizontal shapes and rectangles to make your face look narrower and thinner. Frames with temples that connect at the top of the frame will also give the illusion of a longer face.
- Square: Square-shaped faces feature wide foreheads and prominent jawlines. Avoid boxy, angular frames with harsh lines and those with color accents or embellishment on the bottom. These often draw unwanted attention to your chin. Instead, choose thinner frames to balance out your strong jawline and elongate your face, and round or upswept shapes that will soften the face and jaw. Center-set temples and those that connect at the top of the frame are both good choices.
- Heart: Heart-shaped faces typically feature wide foreheads, high cheekbones and pointed, narrow chins. Avoid top-heavy frames and those with decorative temples. Instead, look for frames in lighter colors that are wider at the bottom, or slightly rounded frames that dip between the eyes. Good options include aviators, butterfly styles and rimless frames.
- Oval: Many people consider the oval-shaped face to be ideal because it has balanced proportions and a chin that is slightly narrower than the forehead. Avoid oversized frames on small oval faces and smaller styles on large faces. Instead, look for a frame that maintains your naturally balanced features. Choose frames that are as wide as (or wider than) the broadest part of your face, but feel free to play with classic and trendy styles.
- Oblong: Oblong-shaped faces are longer than they are wide and typically feature large foreheads and narrow chins and cheeks. Avoid frames that are too short or too narrow. Instead, look for wide, oversized styles that make the face appear shorter and wider. Embellished top rims and decorative details at the temple will also add width.
When you’re looking for a great selection of women’s eyeglasses in Cape Coral, consider the expert opticians at Elmquist Eye Group who are focused on meeting your eyewear needs. Get in touch with us today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment.