Senior Eye Care Cape Coral
Eye health and vision are always changing, and as we age, differences in how well we see can become more noticeable. For senior eye care in Cape Coral, schedule an appointment with Elmquist Eye Group, where we take a genuine interest in your eye health and can provide valuable advice.
Patients from throughout Southwest Florida have been visiting Elmquist Eye Group since 1992 for the highest quality eye care, including cataract evaluations and surgery, glaucoma evaluation and treatment, dry eye evaluation and treatment, and other eye conditions that affect everyone from children to seniors.
Our skilled team includes E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, a board certified ophthalmologist and fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology who has been selected as one of America’s Top Doctors by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
Dr. Elmquist’s partner, Kate Wagner, OD, and his associate, Nina Burt, OD, are board certified optometrists who provide comprehensive eye care services. And the newest member of our team is Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, who is a board certified ophthalmologist and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
We take a personal interest in every patient, skillfully diagnosing and treating a wide range of eye conditions. With over 40 years of experience in the optical field, we proudly offer a unique combination of state-of-the-art eye care and a passion for providing the highest level of service to our patients.
Elmquist Eye Group Services
In addition to comprehensive eye exams, our services include (but are not limited to):
- Full Service Optical: Our Optical Boutique offers high-quality frames and lenses in the latest styles to fit your lifestyle and budget, as well as a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: People with diabetes are 25 times more likely than non-diabetics to lose their good vision. Elmquist Eye Group performs thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any complications of diabetes, such as diabetic retinopathy.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: We measure your internal eye pressure and perform a detailed scan of the retina for signs of glaucoma. When detected and treated at an early stage, it can be controlled.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: If the natural lens of the eye becomes cloudy, it can be replaced with an artificial lens. We are proud to offer state-of-the-art refractive cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Dry Eye Diagnosis & Treatment: When the surface of your eye lacks sufficient lubrication, you may find yourself suffering from dry eyes. This can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of inflammation and eye infections.
We want to help you maintain your eye health throughout your life, and regular visits are extremely helpful for maintaining your good vision. If you notice changes in your vision, make an appointment right away to avoid being one of the many seniors who are suffering from preventable eye problems.
Prevention is always the best medicine. If you are looking for high-quality eye care for seniors in Cape Coral, we encourage you to give Elmquist Eye Group a call at (239) 936-2020 to find out more about our services.