ProDesign Eyeglasses Fort Myers
Fort Myers residents who appreciate eyewear that balances serious with fun should enjoy the modern, fashion-forward eyeglasses from ProDesign Denmark available from the Elmquist Eye Group Optical Boutique.
The optical experts in our full-service Optical Boutique understand that size, style and color are essential elements of your frame selection, and will take the time necessary to help you find the perfect frame to complement your features. We work with some of the best frame manufacturers in the world, and can help you find a frame you love.
About ProDesign Denmark
Danish design is recognized for its clean, simple lines, high quality and its ability to combine lightness of form with functional strength. Headquartered in Denmark and founded in 1973, ProDesign Denmark designs fresh, funky styles that are unmistakably Danish.
The company focuses on “face-friendly” eyewear that highlights the best qualities of the face. Ranging from classic, colorful designs to innovative technical designs, you’ll find a variety of frames in acetate, stainless steel and titanium for men, women and children. Shapes include oval, rectangular, square, oversized, and cat-eye, with semi-rimless styles and different nosepad options.
ProDesign collections feature a lively array of vibrant colors, patterned frames, retro styling, and extra details that follow the latest fashion trends. When you are looking for high quality and pure style, ProDesign eyewear may fit your personality and lifestyle.
About Elmquist Eye Group
Elmquist Eye Group provides quality eye care for families and has proudly served the Southwest Florida region for over 24 years. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, a board certified ophthalmologist and one of America’s Top Doctors, along with his partner, Kate Wagner, OD, his associate, Nina Burt, OD, and the newest addition to our team, board certified ophthalmologist Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, provide a comprehensive range of eye care services.
Choosing a Frame Shape
Whether you decide on ProDesign eyeglasses or one of our other designer brands, your eyewear should complement your facial features and eye color. Some frame shapes can make the angles and curves of your face seem out of proportion, so it’s important to choose frames that are the right size and shape for your face.
Here are the characteristics of the most common face shapes and some tips for choosing the best frames for each.
- Round: Round faces have softer angles with wider cheekbones and an equally wide forehead and jaw. Look for horizontal shapes and rectangular frames that sharpen your softer features and make your face look narrower and thinner.
- Square: Square faces have equally wide cheekbones, foreheads and jaws. Avoid boxy, angular frames. Look for a frame that is slightly wider than your cheekbones. Thinner frames will balance out your angular features, and round or upswept shapes will soften your face.
- Triangle: Triangular faces are narrower at the forehead and wider at the jaw. Balance it out with a frame that is slightly wider than your jawline. Browline and cat-eye frames work well with your features as do frames with extra detailing on the upper part of the frame.
- Heart: Heart-shaped faces have wide foreheads, high cheekbones and narrow chins. Balance it out with a frame that is slightly wider than your forehead, but with detailing on the lower portion. Good options include aviators, wayfarers and butterfly styles.
- Oval: Oval faces are the most versatile to fit because of their balanced proportions. Choose frames that are as wide as (or wider than) the broadest part of your face, but feel free to play with colors, texture and trendy styles.
When you’re looking for a great selection of ProDesign eyeglasses in Fort Myers, consider the expert opticians at Elmquist Eye Group who are focused on meeting your eyewear needs. Get in touch with us today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment.