LASIK Surgery Cape Coral
If you are interested in LASIK surgery in Cape Coral, it is important to find a highly qualified refractive surgeon. The team at Elmquist Eye Group will take the time to explain all of your options, answer all of your questions, and make you feel comfortable and relaxed.
Since 1992, residents of Southwest Florida have been coming to Elmquist Eye Group for the highest quality eye care, including cataract evaluations and surgery, glaucoma evaluation and treatment, dry eye evaluation and treatment, and other eye conditions that may affect everyone from children to seniors.
The Elmquist Team
E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He also has had the honor of being selected for four consecutive years as one of America’s Top Doctors, which recognizes the top one percent of physicians in their fields and is based on nominations submitted by other physicians and reviewed by Castle Connolly’s doctor-led research team.
Dr. Elmquist and his highly skilled associates, including Dr. Kate Wagner, partner, and Dr. Nina Burt, who are both board certified optometrists, provide comprehensive eye care to thousands of patients in Fort Myers and Cape Coral using highly specialized equipment in state-of-the-art facilities.
Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD is the newest addition to the Elmquist team. She is an experienced eye surgeon whose areas of expertise include LASIK, cataract surgery, eyelid surgery and in-office procedures. Dr. Eccles-Brown is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. She is also a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery
If you’ve been wearing eyeglasses for a long time and would like to be rid of them, consider some of the benefits of LASIK surgery:
- LASIK is proven to be effective. Continuous improvements in laser technology and surgical techniques have made the procedure safer and more effective year after year.
- Although each patient is different, 95% of those who undergo the procedure achieve 20/40 vision, while the vast majority achieve 20/20 vision or better.
- The entire procedure takes just 15 to 30 minutes, and there is very little pain, if any. You may experience some minor discomfort in the days following LASIK surgery, but it will pass quickly and can be soothed with eye drops.
- You will not be able to drive immediately after LASIK surgery, but most patients return to their normal schedules (including driving) as soon as the next day.
- New technologies have made LASIK more affordable over the last decade, so it may be more economical to invest in surgery than continuing to spend money on new glasses or contacts each year.
- This quick all-laser procedure will result in lifelong corrected vision.
Millions of people around the world have experienced the dramatic improvement in vision LASIK can offer. These include soldiers, astronauts, pilots, firemen, and others whose jobs depend on good vision.
If you have questions about LASIK in Cape Coral, or want to know if you are a good candidate for the surgery, call Elmquist Eye Group today (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment and get started on the road to better vision.