Fort Myers Family Eye Doctor
If you are looking for an excellent family eye doctor in Fort Myers or Cape Coral, Elmquist Eye Group will give your eyes the first-class care and attention they deserve.
We have been serving Lee County and Southwest Florida since 1992. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, his partner, Kate Wagner, OD, and his associates, Nina Burt, OD and Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, provide a full spectrum of eye care services to every member of the family, from children to seniors.
Dr. Elmquist is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He specializes in general ophthalmology and cataract surgery. He has been selected as one of America’s Top Doctors in ophthalmology by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. Dr. Wagner and Dr. Burt are board certified optometrists, and Dr. Eccles-Brown is a board certified ophthalmologist.
The skilled team at Elmquist Eye Group takes a personal interest in every patient, skillfully diagnosing and treating a wide range of eye conditions. Our patients find it comforting to have compassionate, concerned physicians who take a genuine interest in their eye health and provide valuable advice. Our services include:
- Comprehensive Eye Exams: Comprehensive eye examinations are extremely important. You may think your eyes are healthy, but many diseases can be detected during an eye exam, including diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma, and some of them have no early warning signs. During the exam, the eye doctor dilate your eyes with drops to make the pupils bigger, enabling him or her to take a closer look in your eyes.
- Full Service Optical: Our Optical Boutique offers high-quality frames and lenses in the latest styles to fit your lifestyle and budget. We work with some of the best frame manufacturers in the world, and can help you find a frame you love. We also offer a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, people with diabetes are 25 times more likely than non-diabetics to lose their good vision. Elmquist Eye Group performs thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any complications of diabetes, such as diabetic retinopathy.
- Dry Eye Diagnosis & Treatment: When the surface of your eye lacks sufficient lubrication, you may find yourself suffering from dry eyes. This can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of inflammation and eye infections. A visit to Elmquist Eye Group for an eye exam will determine if the symptoms you are experiencing may be related to dry eyes.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: If the natural lens of the eye becomes cloudy, it can be replaced with an artificial lens. We are proud to offer state-of-the-art refractive cataract surgery to qualified patients.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: We measure your internal eye pressure and perform a detailed scan of the retina for signs of glaucoma. When detected and treated at an early stage, it can be controlled.
Elmquist Eye Group is well-known in Fort Myers for having the best family eye doctors in the region. Call us today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment.