Fort Myers Eye Care Centers
Elmquist Eye Group is one of the best eye care centers in Fort Myers and Cape Coral. Our state of the art technology, specialized equipment, and skilled team of doctors has allowed us to provide you with an unsurpassed level of care since 1992.
Elmquist Eye Group has been serving Lee County and Southwest Florida since 1992. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, his partner, Kate Wagner, OD, his associate, Nina Burt, OD, and our newest team member, ophthalmologist Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD, provide a wide variety of eye care services. Our patients find it comforting to have compassionate, concerned physicians who take a genuine interest in their eye health and provide valuable advice.
The Elmquist team takes a personal interest in every patient, skillfully diagnosing and treating many different eye conditions. We have a passion for providing the highest level of service to our patients and want to help you maintain your eye health throughout your life.
In addition to comprehensive eye exams, our services include (but are not limited to):
- Full Service Optical: Our Optical Boutique offers high-quality frames and lenses in the latest styles to fit your lifestyle and budget, as well as a wide selection of contact lenses that can be reordered online and delivered to your home.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: People with diabetes are 25 times more likely than non-diabetics to lose their good vision. Elmquist Eye Group performs thorough retinal exams through dilated pupils to check for any complications of diabetes, which can damage blood vessels in the retina and cause vision loss.
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment: Glaucoma occurs when pressure builds up inside the eye, leading to optic nerve and retinal damage and vision loss. We measure your internal eye pressure and perform a detailed scan of the retina for signs of glaucoma. When detected and treated at an early stage, it can be controlled.
- Cataract Evaluation & Surgery: If cataracts interfere with your vision they can be removed and an artificial intraocular lens can be implanted to restore clear vision. We are proud to offer state-of-the-art refractive cataract surgery, which is quicker, safer and more accurate than traditional cataract surgery, to qualified patients.
- Macular Degeneration Evaluation: Often called Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), this disorder affects your central vision and is the leading cause of vision impairment in people age 65 years and older. A comprehensive annual exam can help us detect the early signs of AMD and treat it, if necessary.
- Dry Eye Diagnosis & Treatment: When the surface of your eye lacks adequate lubrication, you may find yourself suffering from dry eyes. This can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses, and an increased risk of inflammation and eye infections. Our ophthalmologists can help determine the cause and severity of dry eye with a few painless tests.
Your eye health is important to us at Elmquist Eye Group. If you are looking for the best eye centers in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, pay us a visit. Our experienced team of eye doctors will provide you with individualized care and help prevent vision loss. Schedule an appointment today by calling us at (239) 936-2020.