Eyeglasses Cape Coral
The qualified optometrists and opticians at Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers and Cape Coral have vast experience in fitting eyeglasses and can help you select your perfect fit from our wide selection of frames and lenses.
Elmquist Eye Group has been serving Lee County and Southwest Florida for over 25 years. E. Trevor Elmquist, DO, his partner, Kate Wagner, OD, and his associates, Nina Burt, OD, Yasaira Rodriguez, MD and Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD provide a complete range of eye care services, including comprehensive eye exams and diagnosis and treatment of cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, dry eyes, glaucoma, presbyopia, myopia, hyperopia and other eye conditions.
In our Optical Boutique, you’ll also find an expert team of opticians with over 35 years of experience who can assist you in selecting just the right frame and lenses from a wide variety of brands, including Oakley, Dolce & Gabbana, Juicy Couture, Gucci, Coach, Ray Ban, Nike, Liz Claiborne, Charmant, Silhouette, Nautica, Saks Fifth Avenue, and many others.
The Basics of Eyeglasses
Eyeglass frame materials have evolved due to the advent of new plastics and various types of metals. Some of them are made with highly flexible metal alloys to reduce the possibility of breakage. And glasses have become more comfortable, too.
If you suffer from skin allergies, hypoallergenic metals such as titanium and stainless steel are excellent choices.
You will also have a wide variety of lens options for your eyeglasses. Among the most popular options today are:
- Aspheric lenses have a slimmer, more attractive profile and cause less unwanted magnification of your eyes. They may also improve the clarity of your peripheral vision.
- High-index lenses are made of new materials that enable the lenses to be thinner and lighter than regular plastic lenses, making your eyeglasses as comfortable as possible.
- Polycarbonate lenses are thinner, lighter and up to 10 times more impact-resistant than regular plastic lenses. The material is great for sports eyewear, children’s eyewear, and for anyone who wants lightweight, durable lenses.
- Photochromic lenses are sun-sensitive lenses that darken automatically in bright lighting and return to a clear state in ordinary indoor lighting.
- Anti-reflective coatings are popular add-ons for lenses. They can dramatically improve the look and comfort of your glasses by making them nearly invisible and minimizing distractions from the reflection off the surface of the lenses. This helps reduce glare as well as eye fatigue.
Try Before You Buy
Elmquist Eye Group is one of the few practices in the area to offer Visioffice, the revolutionary new measuring system that takes precise eye rotation, head posture, eye position, visual behavior, and frame measurements, and demonstrates lens enhancement features to help you select the right frames. The state-of-the-art system also lets you see yourself in new glasses before you buy!
If you need premium-quality eyeglasses in Cape Coral or Fort Myers or have concerns about your eyes, get in touch with Elmquist Eye Group today at (239) 936-2020 to schedule an appointment. We are always delighted to help!