Eye Health Fort Myers
At Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, our skilled team takes a personal interest in each patient’s eye health, skillfully diagnosing and treating a wide range of eye conditions.
Dr. E. Trevor Elmquist, Dr. Kate Wagner, his partner, and associates Dr. Nina Burt Dr. Yasaira Rodriguez, and Dr. Sarah Eccles-Brown, provide complete eye care services. Drs. Elmquist, Rodriguez and Eccles-Brown are experienced board certified ophthalmologists, and Drs. Wagner and Burt are board certified optometrists. Our skilled team offers services ranging from routine eye exams for glasses to laser-assisted cataract surgery.
No matter what type of eye problems you may be experiencing, we want to help you get your vision back to normal. Click on the links below to learn more about the services we provide:
- Comprehensive Eye Exams – for ages 5 and up
- Cataract Evaluations
- Refractive Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Evaluation & Treatment
- Macular Degeneration Evaluation
- Diabetic Eye Exams
- Dry Eye Diagnosis & Treatment
- Full Service Optical
- Blepharitis Treatment – Spa Scrubs
Watch for These Common Eye Problems
- Excessive tears – This can be caused by an uncomfortable contact lens or by other conditions, such as dry eye syndrome. There is usually no reason for concern. However, if the eye is swollen or tender when touched, or you also have a fever, you should schedule an exam at Elmquist Eye Group.
- “Pink eye” –If you notice pink coloring in the white part of the eye which is often accompanied by mucus, it may be a condition called conjunctivitis, which is also known as “pink eye”. This condition is very contagious. Avoid touching the eye, and try warm compresses and over-the-counter eye drops. If there is no improvement, call us to schedule an appointment.
- Burning, itchy eyes – Itchiness, redness, and stinging or burning of the eye and/or eyelids could be an annoying condition called blepharitis. Try washing the eye gently and applying warm compresses. If it persists, it could be associated with an eye infection, dry eyes or another condition. Elmquist Eye Group can help you decide on the best treatment.
- Floaters and flashes of light– A few floating spots and specks are normal as we age. However, a large increase in spots along with bright flashes of light may signal a detached retina. Make an appointment for an eye exam right away.
- Blurred vision –When vision becomes blurry, it may be a sign of a serious eye problem. If you’re having trouble reading, watching TV or working on your computer, even when wearing glasses or contact lenses, you may have a cataract. If colors seem blurry and washed out or dull, you may have the early symptoms of Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD). Schedule an appointment with us for a dilated eye exam as soon as possible.
Elmquist Eye Group has two convenient state-of-the-art offices in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, Florida that are open from Monday through Friday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM.
When it comes to your eye health, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Schedule an eye exam with Elmquist Eye Group in Fort Myers or Cape Coral to ease your mind. Call us today at (239) 936-2020 for an appointment.