Sarah Eccles-Brown, MD
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
As a Florida native, Dr. Eccles-Brown was excited to join the Elmquist Eye Group and become a part of the Fort Myers community. She is dedicated to providing patients and their families with excellent surgical care and treatment of advanced eye disease. As a Board Certified Ophthalmologist, Dr. Eccles-Brown is an experienced, caring and committed physician who works to give every patient individual attention.
Dr. Eccles-Brown is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. “My goal is to provide each patient the same high quality eye care I would want provided for my own family member.”
Dr. Eccles-Brown graduated magna cum laude earning a Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Florida State University in 2004. She completed medical school at New York Medical College in 2008, earning her MD along with election to the medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha. She served as an ophthalmology resident at Wilford Hall Medical Center and San Antonio Military Medical Center in Texas from 2008-2012, gaining valuable experience at a Level 1 trauma center and caring for burn ward patients from all over the State as well as active duty members injured abroad.
Before her time in Fort Myers, Dr. Eccles-Brown was a Major in the U.S. Air Force stationed at Eglin Air Force Base from 2012-2016 where she had the honor of serving the active duty, retiree and dependent population of Northwest Florida as a comprehensive ophthalmologist.
In her free time, Sarah enjoys singing in her church and with her children, baking with and sometimes without her children, riding her Peloton bike, running competitively and yoga. Sarah and Tony, her husband of 15 years, are the proud parents of three young boys. As a family, they regularly enjoy running, traveling, paddle-boarding and anything that involves water.
SOCIETIES / ORGANIZATIONS
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Society of Military Ophthalmologists
- Lee County Medical Society
- American Board of Ophthalmology, 2013
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS
- Refractive surgery VISX STAR S4 IR® certification, 2009
- IntraLase® Femtosecond LASIK certification, 2014
- LenSx® Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery certification, 2016
- iStent Inject® certification, 2018
- Kahook Dual Blade® certification, 2019
- Florida Bright Futures 100% Scholarship Recipient
- Academic Scholarships – Undergraduate School & Medical School
- U.S. Air Force Health Professions Scholarship Program
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Phi Eta Sigma
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Distinguished Military Graduate and Intern of the Quarter Awarded by Transitional Intern Year Program 2009
- Dr. Kenneth L. Piest Award for Excellence in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Research – Alamo City Ophthalmology Clinical Conference 2012
- Notable Noles – Florida State University Young Alumni Award 2018
- Top 40 Under 40 Award – Business Observer 2019
- Team Member, USAF Mobile Ophthalmic Surgery Team, Pisco, Peru, 2012
Ophthalmology Resident, San Antonio Military Medical Center
Dr. Sarah Eccles-Brown | US Air Force Major
As a veteran owned and operated business, we honor the sacrifices and service of our veterans daily. Dr. Sarah Eccles-Brown began her active duty career as an ophthalmology resident at Wilford Hall Medical Center and Brooke Army Medical Center, now known as San Antonio Military Medical Center, from 2008-2012. After this, Dr. Eccles-Brown served as a Major in the U.S. Air Force stationed at Eglin Air Force Base from 2012-2016 where she had the honor of serving the active duty, retiree and dependent population of Northwest Florida as a comprehensive ophthalmologist.